Panel 1: Tyler Weber, head to hips.
- Somehow recent experience indicates I should probably find that highly concerning.
- Was sending me to the Avon building your idea of a test?
- And what is that you're assembling on my desk?
Panel 2: Peter Kepler, chest, right arm, and hand. He's clearly sitting down at a table, and touching part of one of the cards he pulled from the wrecked Kor's World robots.
- Disassembling, actually.
- It's the remote part of a remote relay casting set up. Specifically I call it a Eidos drive card, but that's just a name.
- And no, sending you into the Avon building was a necessary precaution and merely the best choice of a handful of mediocre options.
Panel 3: Peter, still seated, head to chest, looking down at the disassembly work he's engaged in. Some distance to his left, Tyler, head to hips. He looks a bit disappointed or disillusioned.
- While Miko is more capable than they may seem, they are also an absolutely not expendable resource.
- I get the feeling that I distinctly fall into the expendable resource category.
- You could alleviate my displeasure at that by telling me where you got that and how it works.
- Relative values, Weber. I do not waste resources. At the end of the day, everyone is more expendable than Miko, so don't take it too personally.
- I got this from one of the mobile tanks that assaulted Levenworth. It allows a whole slew of things that should be fairly impossible, such as seemingly instantaneous communication between two nodes, remote casting, and undoubtedly other things that are wonderful abominations of physics and my understanding of magic.
Panel 4: Tyler's right 2/3rds of his head and shoulders.
- You are being remarkably forthcoming today, and it is sort of freaking me out.
- How are you able to use it if you don't understand how it works?
- What are you trying next to figure out more?
Panel 5: Peter, looking up, still seated.
- Well, to know more I would need to disassemble the actual card. I was sort of hoping to, but unfortunately Mium really wants it.
- He recently acquired a need for another one of these, and while I can keep it from him, it would be exceedingly hard - not to mention unwise.
- He'd salvage the one he has in Avon's computer which would be a problem as we need that one moved to their new site.
Panel 6: Tyler, head to chest, leaning forward slightly.
- You are making it very hard to be responsible. If your goal is to sidetrack me from the questions I need to ask, you are very close to succeeding.
- However, I really have to stuff my current curiosity in a box for a moment to ask you a few questions regarding the events of the past two days and the national security implications thereof.